today's git broke winetricks gecko :-(

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Tue Nov 17 04:30:21 CST 2009

Vincent Povirk skrev:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Ove Kaaven <ovek at arcticnet.no> wrote:
>> (It is actually for similar reasons that binaries must be buildable on a
>> clean system (say, a build daemon), without any special (non-free) tools
>> or sourceless libraries. Magic libshell32.a in the source package fails
>> this requirement, and so does usage of non-free cabinet.dll to make cab
>> file.)
>
> I don't suppose the build could be fixed?

Possibly. For the .a files, either the rules that generated them has to
be documented somehow so the procedure can be replicated in the source
package's build system, or mingw's w32api has to be patched to fix the
problems that required them in the first place. (The latter probably
won't happen overnight, I suppose.)

For the cab file, I suppose it would work to use one of those simple
Linux tools for making cab files that don't actually compress the data
like the native cabinet.dll do. The package will be larger, but it would
be acceptable as DFSG-free.