today's git broke winetricks gecko :-(

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 09:20:48 CST 2009

> Gecko is not a core part of Wine. It is only needed for an MSHTML
> implementation. There are plenty of apps in existence that do not and
> will not have any use for Gecko. I argue that the size of Gecko is a
> good reason to not require it to be installed for those users who
> *know* they don't need it.

How do they know that?  Things show up in surprising places, and we
don't always know why it is that an app is failing.

> No, you didn't. But how can you support a scheme where running "wine
> cmd /c echo yes" prompts for Gecko download?

I never said whether I support it or not.  I was annoyed that you were
making specious arguments.  You're doing it again, by assuming I have
a particular position.  I'm saying, it's worth listening to Jacek's
(and now Alexandre's) positions.
--Juan