Wine Icons - final round

Joel Holdsworth joel at airwebreathe.org.uk
Wed Nov 18 15:25:17 CST 2009

Hi All,

I wanted to fill you in on the progress on the Tango icon set. You can
see it here: http://www.airwebreathe.org.uk/wine-icon/

Please let me know what you think - or if you have any comments. After
the last two rounds, I'm hoping that we should basically be at a stage
where most people are happy.

The main change since last time is that I've replaced the user32 icons
with icons that are similar to the Windows 7/Vista standard - but Tango
compliant. I was unable to clarify the license for the icon I was using
for the ramdisk icon, so I redrew one of my own - a DIMM, which in the
end is more suitable than the SOIC chip we had before.

The other major change is that I've decided to hold off on cryptui.dll.
I'm not happy with the artwork yet, and cryptui.dll needs to be modified
so that it uses HICONs rather the HBITMAPs, which don't cope with
different colour depths well.

When everyone is happy, I really need to freeze the icons from further
modifications, because I need to begin the laborious process of making 8
and 4-bit versions.

If anyone would like to help with this I'd be happy to have some
helpers. But for now let me know if you have any thoughts.

Best Regards
Joel Holdsworth