advapi32.dll: Reduce Registry access to MAXIMUM_ALLOWED wherever possible

Rob Shearman robertshearman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 15:50:54 CST 2009

2009/11/27 Paul Chitescu <paulc at voip.null.ro>:
> Changelog:
>        advapi32.dll: Reduce Registry access to MAXIMUM_ALLOWED wherever possible
>
> Makes read operation succeed on read/only Registry keys.

Needs tests to show that this behaviour matches that on Windows. You
should be able to achieve this by setting an appropriate security
descriptor on the registry key before calling the function you are
changing.

However, the change to get_special_root_hkey looks fine to me. The
rest of your patch isn't easy to review because you haven't generated
the diff with the "-p" option.

--
Rob Shearman