comctl32: Implementation the WM_GETTEXT processing of datetime control

Ilya Shpigor shpigor at etersoft.ru
Mon Nov 30 08:16:31 CST 2009

> Or course you can, format a string every time contents change and store
> it with SetWindowText(). WM_GETTEXT
> will work through default procedure (I've done it that way for IPAddress
> control).

This is good idea, but SetWindowText just send the WM_SETTEXT message. Your
patch "comctl32/datetime: Block WM_SETTEXT message" don't allow to do it.

> Anyway GetWindowText should work, and Wine's implementation uses
> WM_GETTEXT only for same process windows,
> so you shouldn't override default handling for this message.

This possible to test: is the datetime window procedure process WM_GETTEXT?
This message must be send to control directly and be processed through
CallWindowProc with DefWindowProc parameter. Is this test give right results?

> P.S. Also don't forget comments regarding tests part.

The second try of test have been send.

--
Best regards,
Ilya Shpigor.