Image List tests for comctl32 v6

Owen Rudge owen at owenrudge.net
Thu Oct 1 17:39:14 CDT 2009

Hi Joel,

> I'm working on some tests to demonstrate some alpha-channel behaviour in
> comctl32 ImageLists. The problem is that this behaviour is only present
> in comctl32 v6, which of course you usually activate with an xml
> manifest. For the wine test suite we have a helper function,
> load_v6_module, that dynamically creates a manifest resource entry in
> the module, which seems to activate v6 behaviour. However, while this
> seems to activate v6 behaviour for controls, it seems not to for image
> lists - my tests work if I link a manifest into the test suite, but
> don't work via load_v6_module.

Do you mean that the tests pass on Windows but not Wine when using
load_v6_module, or that they don't pass on either platform? I used
load_v6_module for some v6 imagelist tests (which may not yet be merged
into Wine actually; I should probably check that and resubmit) and they
worked fine. You may want to look at http://tinyurl.com/ybo28lt for
instance.

If the tests are working on Windows but not on Wine, the obvious reason
for your tests failing would be that the required alpha channel support
is not implemented.

Cheers,

--
Owen Rudge