oleaut - SysAllocString/SysFreeString

Peter Dons Tychsen donpedro at tdcadsl.dk
Sun Oct 4 13:01:49 CDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 12:56 +0200, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
> If even Windows 7 behaves that way I figure
> we'll have to provide that "feature" too. Else the application is
> buggy
> and won't work on all Windows versions either.

Even if it did not work in win-7, then it could still be worth fixing.
The thing that would make it a "wont-fix" was if the fix made it
directly incompatible with win-7.

There is lots of old win-3.11 and win-95 software which only runs on
Wine (does not e.g. run on my work-XP machine). Changing this attitude
towards legacy software would be a loss as i think it attracts many to
use Wine to begin with.

I think the fix that Markus is brewing on is the the kind of details
that makes Wine so great! :-)

Thanks,

/pedro