urlmon/protocol tests

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 02:42:35 CDT 2009

On 10/06/2009 09:32 PM, Jacek Caban wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Paul Vriens wrote:
>> Hi Jacek,
>>
>> I've been looking at the tests reports and we seem to have a few
>> spurious errors:
>>
>> http://test.winehq.org/data/tests/urlmon:protocol.html
>>
>> The ones I mean are:
>>
>> protocol.c:2535: Testing http protocol (direct read)...
>> protocol.c:497: Test failed: unexpected call Switch
>>
>> and
>>
>> protocol.c:2546: Testing https protocol (from urlmon)...
>> protocol.c:612: Test failed: unexpected call ReportProgress_COOKIE_SENT
>>
>> These failures don't happen on every run.
>>
>> Any idea where to start looking?
>>

> The second failure should be easy to fix. With temporary applied the
> attached patch, it should be easy to find when exactly it's called and
> add SET_EXPECT/CLEAR_CALLED pair around the function that calls it. I
> can prepare a patch if you'd send me the output.
>
> The first failure seems to be harder as it seems to be some kind of race
> (it might be not in tests, but we might test something that is not
> always true due to asynchronous nature of HTTP protocol handler). Output
> of run with the attached patch might give us some info, but I don't
> expect it to be an easy fix.

Hi Jacek,

The second one never happened on any of my boxes. I'm also not able to
reproduce the first failure. As said, it happens intermittently and, so
it seems, only when running winetest?

I do see two boxes (Jeff's Vista box and Aurimas's XP box) that
regularly produce the second failure but also not consistently :(

--
Cheers,

Paul.