Help needed: BSTR cache testing

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Oct 9 03:05:48 CDT 2009

Markus Stockhausen <markus.stockhausen at collogia.de> wrote:
>> Please extend the test cases in
>> dlls/oleaut32/tests to verify that oleaut32 is caching BSTRs
>> properly, and make sure that test passes on Windows
>> and is marked todo_wine.
>
> Already sent. Take a look here:
> http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2009-October/078957.html

Three problems:
You didn't mark the test todo_wine.
The name of the test is cryptic, don't you want to call
it something like test_bstr_caching()?
This change should not be included in the patch:
-  test_VarImp();
+  test_VarImp();

Other notes:
You might want to also verify the contents of the string rather
than the length, and do it right after the free as well.
Also, how did you decide on the size of sz99?

> So I will ask again with this mail if someone can verify if the test
> above succeeds in various Windows versions. Just to make sure that it
> only fails in Wine. If I get positive feedback I will send it do
> wine-patches.

Passes on vista.
Have you tested it with 'winetricks dcom98'?
Passing those two should suffice.
- Dan