Fixing the last shell32/shlfileop tests on Windows (< Win7)

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 04:17:40 CDT 2009

Hi,

In my attempt to have no failures on WinMe I changed some W-functions
into their A equivalent.

The problem with some Russian (only?) versions of XP is that in
test_sh_path_prepare() we create a directory with the name "c:\Ä". This
name is thrown through WideCharToMultiByte(CP_ACP ....) and we check
with A-calls for the existence of this directory. This is the point
where it fails. Doing these checks with W-calls is fine.

Is this some quirk of WideCharToMultiByte or does Russian in combination
with using an A-function (GetFileAttributesA) present the issue?

The easy way out here is to just skip the tests on WinMe and stick with
the W-functions. Having two codepaths is also possible (not pretty) and
would only present an issue (I assume) if we ever have a Russian WinMe
in our tests ;).

--
Cheers,

Paul.