Compiling a particular version of Wine

Alasdair Sinclair alasdairs at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Oct 10 16:26:55 CDT 2009

On 10/10/09 22:11, Danila Sentiabov wrote:
> Hi, everyone.
>
> A n00b problem here :-)
> I can't figure out how to compile an old version of Wine with git.
> One could always get the latest version with "git fetch && git rebase
> origin", but now I need 1.1.28 for testing purposes.
> Already tried some lame things and stared at manpages for about half
> an hour with no success :-)
> Could someone please help me in this matter?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Danila Sentiabov aka dsent

This is what I would do.

[ams at hal wine-git]$ git checkout -b my28 wine-1.1.28
Switched to a new branch 'my28'
[ams at hal wine-git]$ git describe
wine-1.1.28
[ams at hal wine-git]$ cat VERSION
Wine version 1.1.28

The when you are finished with it.

[ams at hal wine-git]$ git checkout master
Switched to branch 'master'
[ams at hal wine-git]$ git describe
wine-1.1.31
[ams at hal wine-git]$ git branch -d my28
Deleted branch my28 (was f6f458a).

Alasdair