use DDRAW4 instead of DDRAW7

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sun Oct 11 05:47:13 CDT 2009

Am 11.10.2009 um 12:40 schrieb Markus Stockhausen:

> Hi,
>
> as I did not find anything in the Wiki maybe a stupid question: If I
> want an application to use DDRAW4 functions in Wine instead of DDRAW7,
> how can I accomplish that?
You can't.

Except if you have the sourcecode. In that case you have to reprogram
the app to use IDirectDraw4 and friends, rather than IDirectDraw7.
Which ddraw version an app uses isn't a setting you can change - its
hardcoded into the app, just like usually its hardcoded whether an app
uses opengl or d3d.