Help me get a patch into Wine

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 20:56:23 CDT 2009

Charles Davis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Charles Davis, but you all can call me "Chip".
>
> I'm new to Wine development, and frankly, I'm kinda scared because I've
> heard and read that getting patches into Wine is very difficult.
Lie. First of all avoid looking at native dumps, disasms, decompiled
output etc., if you don't
it's quite possible to be committed.
>  In
> fact, every time I got ready to send this first patch, I chickened out
> and couldn't do it. So, I want someone to review this patch to see if
> there's anything wrong with it.

You're on a right way. As for me I'm not very competent in device
accessing things but could you be
more specific what this patch is supposed to do, provide bug links or
something. Looks like
a Mac (or not?) support for some call...A description would be nice.