Business professors preaching Wine

Zachary Goldberg zgold at bluesata.com
Tue Oct 13 16:33:28 CDT 2009

Thought you guys might enjoy this short story from my day:

So I was in a class on product design (at the school of business @ the
U of Penn) and my prof is going on about some software we'll need and
how to use it.

Out of the blue he says "And unfortunately it only works on Windows.
But there is this great open source 'stuff' out there called Wine that
acts like a middle layer between the now ubiquitous Intel hardware and
the windows application to let it run on Linux".  He went on like this
about Wine, only partially accurate in technical fact, for about 5
minutes.   Needless to say the entire classroom (of about ~50) now
knows about Wine and that it can run Windows applications on Linux &
Mac.

I swear, I did not talk to him beforehand and encourage him to do this.  Huzzah!

-Z