comctl32: Ensure listview control has focus when marquee dragging

Owen Rudge owen at owenrudge.net
Fri Oct 16 11:09:40 CDT 2009

Hi Nikolay,

> This doesn't look right. Try with ControlSpy and you'll see WM_SETFOCUS
> sent just after LButton pressed on
> client area (not on item, that's important). LButtonUp event used to set
> focus item was under mouse pointer and it's
> released without any mouse movements (or maybe drag threshold doesn't
> count).

I've just tested this with ControlSpy on wine with my patch, NM_SETFOCUS
is sent after LButton is released, when clicking on the client area. It
is also sent when clicking on an item and releasing the pointer without
any mouse movements, as you say. Possibly I'm misunderstanding what
you're saying here, but I'm not sure I see where the problem is?
Behaviour is, as far as I can tell, identical with my patch and without
it, with the exception of course of the NM_SETFOCUS if the window does
not already have focus.

Cheers,

--
Owen Rudge