SCSITaskDevice vs our own driver

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 17:23:09 CDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Alexandre Julliard
<julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
>> 1. Use the SCSITaskDevice interface. This is a CFPlugIn object provided
>> by the driver (it's like a COM object). We have to get exclusive access
>> (this requires all the handles to all device files to be closed, and the
>> disk unmounted), and then we can send whatever SCSI commands we like.
>
> I don't think we can realistically require the device to be unmounted.
> Most apps will want to check for files too.

If that only leaves option 2. which would require the C++ driver, can
or should it be hosted on winehq in another git tree? I am sure you
would not want to keep it in the main wine tree but if it was hosted
somewhere else on Winehq then we could package it with the Wine
bundle.

--
Steven Edwards