Make RenderTextureEmulation configurable

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 03:03:34 CDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 12:45 AM, Austin English
<austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 1:50 PM, James McKenzie
> <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> Ove Kaaven wrote:
>>> This makes it possible to work around bug 10080 without having to patch
>>> the source code.
>>>
>> This is a hack to allow a work around to function.  Much better to
>> actually fix the problem permanently.
>
> This is direct3d, there are already several similar registry
> workarounds for difficult problems.

Well this issue is on the opengl side. Actually the game itself is
buggy and expects that a certain level of multisampling is around
(whiich is around on Windows). On Linux the Nvidia drivers don't offer
this level using 'GLXFBConfigs' but using a different type of
rendering they support this level and much higher. There is no easy
way to offer this level. I'm not sure if this hack is the way to
proceed though as it just disables the functionality the game needs.

Roderick