valgrind results for 20 October 2009

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Oct 20 14:06:53 CDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Nikolay Sivov <bunglehead at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately it seems I don't have --track-origins parameter using 3.3.1.

Life is much more fun with that option.   I'll post instructions for building
valgrind from svn tonight or so.

> Do I need any kind of special build with valgrind support or it will work
> with any binary?

Make sure include/config.h has the VALGRIND_ defines not commented out;
if it does, you may need to install /usr/include/valgrind and
reconfigure and rebuild wine.

> Is WINETEST_WRAPPER found in wiki needed?

Only for "make test" or "runtest".  You don't need it if you're
running the foo_test_exe.so by hand.
- Dan