comctl32: Scroll listview when performing a marquee selection

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 19:43:54 CDT 2009

Owen Rudge wrote:
> Hi Nikolay,
>
>> I don't think you need such duplication. Why not to use a single
>> rectangle? Looks like you always offset it to listview origin,
>> so these rectangle differ in offset only, that's why you introduced
>> another iterator_* helper. If I'm right about that it's better to
>> add another OffsetRect than consistently maintain two variables with
>> same meaning.
>
> I think I originally found myself implementing it in this manner, but
> ended up duplicating the offsetting code in a couple of locations
> while drawing/invalidating, so reworked it. However, the patch did
> grow a bit since then, a bit more than I think I expected it would, so
> it probably would be tidier to go back and simplify that again, with a
> couple of OffsetRect calls where appropriate. I'll have a look at
> tidying it up a bit more tomorrow.
Sure. Another thing, I'm not sure about that, maybe you could tell me -
if a window loses focus with active timer, what happens? First time I
thought about that a month ago working on Monthcal. I know that it isn't
every day case, but probably we need just to KillTimer on WM_KILLFOCUS
or WM_CAPTURECHANGED...Or LButtonUp event will be fired anyway if I
didn't even release button?