crypt32(4/5): Add tests for key usage in the base policy

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 09:40:33 CDT 2009

Hi Paul,

>> This one introduces some failures on some boxes. Are they indeed missing
>> the needed Verisign root certificate as stated in the logs?

No, that warning is spurious in this case.  Austin and I introduced
competing patches for this one, where my warning was intended to warn
only in the case that no root certificates were found, hence would not
produce spurious warnings.  His was simpler and beat mine.

> Could it just be a fact of an older crypt32 that doesn't deal (properly)
> with CERT_TRUST_IS_NOT_VALID_FOR_USAGE?

Yes.  I was hoping to mark these with broken, but I missed it on some
chains.  Does the attached patch help?
--Juan