RFC: ntdll: Implement CDROM_GetInterfaceInfo() on Mac OS (try 2)

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Tue Oct 27 09:10:20 CDT 2009

I've fixed most of the issues with my patch set (warnings, crashes,
dangling FDs... yeah, I'll admit that last set of mine was a piece of
crap; that'll teach me to send before testing), but I have one concern.
After my patch series is applied, NtOpenFile() and NtCreateFile(), when
handed a drive, should attempt to open the NT symlink
\??\<drive-letter>:. This should, in theory, cause an open of the
corresponding NT device. But I've looked at server/symlink.c, and it
looks like symlinks can't be opened as file-like objects (open_file
implementation is no_open_file). So,, what happens when an NT symlink to
a file-like object is opened with NtOpenFile()/NtCreateFile(), and is
there anything I need to do to make this work?