New DOS drives handling patchset: testers wanted

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Tue Oct 27 13:11:06 CDT 2009

Hi,

Attached is my latest attempt at moving DOS drive handling completely
over to mountmgr. You might remember my last patchset that tried this.
That patchset was a real piece of crap. I tested it, and there were
compile warnings, crashes, and mysterious "dangling FD object" problems
that I'd rather avoid. I fixed all of those, and I must say that this is
a vast improvement over that early attempt. But since this is such a
major change, I want to make sure I have this absolutely right before I
send it in. That's why I need people to test this for me, and report any
problems, failed tests, etc. It works on my system, so it just might
work on yours.

Enjoy.

Chip