Mirror Space

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Tue Sep 1 19:55:32 CDT 2009

Scott Ritchie wrote:
> Marty Cannon wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>> Since the wine.budgetdedicated.com <http://wine.budgetdedicated.com>
>> server was down all weekend, I thought I'd offer an additional mirror
>> location.
>
> It should be up for good now, so this won't be necessary.
Isn't  that what you said last time? <g>

That's why it's called a mirror not the primary distribution point. More
mirrors - less load on one server, less chances we'll have lots of unhappy
users because they can't get the best software in the world <g>

My understanding there isn't anything special about apt repository
mirroring, they are just files & directories under some URI.

Vitaliy.