New winetricks 20090902: new verbs vc2005trial, python26

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Sep 2 23:36:03 CDT 2009

Another week, another winetricks.

The only interesting changes are new verbs vc2005trial and python26.
These are only of interest to developers.

vc2005trial is the 180 day Team Server edition of Visual C++ 2005.
The winetricks verb for this is a bit odd - it prompts you for
your password so it can mount the volume before installation.
If you have a better idea, please let me know.
I haven't done a KDE version of the prompt; patches welcome.
I also haven't implemented -q for this; it's hard to figure out, even
with hints (see the comments).  If anyone wants to tackle it,
be my guest, I'd love to have unattended install working.

The python26 verb includes pywin32, since that was needed
by the script I was trying to run (the gyp self-test).
Most people will just use Linux python, but when you're
running a win32-specific python script, the windows python
interpreter comes in pretty handy.

Online as always at
http://kegel.com/wine/winetricks
or
http://winezeug.googlecode.com
(Bug reports to the issue tracker at the above URL, please.)

Thanks to Austin English for various patches and assistance.