Is Wine printing on MacOSX?

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Wed Sep 2 11:15:19 CDT 2009

Hi,

although wine in MacOSX works generally good enough (see test.winehq.org about
release 1.1.28), I recently visited the print menu in notepad and wordpad to
see whether printing would work (in order to complete the FAQ).

All that happened is that the printer ejected a blank page.

Was anyone more successful than me at printing?

- My printer appears in Notepad's and Wordpad's menus, so that's a start.
- The page size and portrait/landscape selection dialogue appears.
- The OSX printer status shows something is happening.
- However the printer only ejects a blank page.
- The console shows no particular log line.

o Do my troubles arise from the fact that I compile Wine only with
  standard MacOS libraries?
  E.g. liblcms (color management) is missing from my system (but no error
  message signals that it would have been used at run-time).
o Should I have tried a "real" app instead of (fake) notepad?

Using Mac OS X 10.5.7 and wine compiled myself (see Wiki.winehq.org about how).

Regards,
	Jörg Höhle