Is Wine printing on MacOSX?

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 12:41:01 CDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 7:04 PM, Dylan Smith<dylan.ah.smith at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 12:15 PM, <Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> although wine in MacOSX works generally good enough (see test.winehq.org about
>> release 1.1.28), I recently visited the print menu in notepad and wordpad to
>> see whether printing would work (in order to complete the FAQ).
>>
>> All that happened is that the printer ejected a blank page.
>>

> Don't expect printing to work in wordpad for now.   The EM_FORMATRANGE
> message is used in wordpad to do printing, and that isn't implemented
> yet.
>
> I think notepad should work though, since it is using ExtTextOut.

I have been able to print from Wine apps in OSX though I'm still
having some issues which I did not investigate yet. The issue is that
when I print from my app which uses non-standard fonts with some
integral / summation symbols that those symbols are lost during the
printing and that a 'square' is shown instead. I don't see this issue
on Linux.

Roderick