ddraw: Added support for WINED3DFMT_X8L8V8U8, WINED3DFMT_R8G8B8A8_SNORM and WINED3DFMT_R16G16_SNORM to PixelFormat_WineD3DtoDD

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Mon Sep 7 06:16:39 CDT 2009

Stephan,

All the patches proposed to bug #16559 forget one thing:

it cannot be right to patch only PixelFormat_WineD3DtoDD without patching its converse function in the same file, PixelFormat_DD2WineD3D.

There's no gain in silencing a fixme by introducing internal inconsistency in the source code.

I had my own patch which changed both but for X8L8V8U8 only, but never published it because I observed no visual difference in the one app I tested, and had no time for 3 other ones I own, nor the other formats.

I'm left wondering which of the pixelformats actually produces a visual difference as e.g. in comment #27.
BTW, I suggest you submit individual patches, one per format.

Regards,
	Jörg Höhle