[ntdll, cmd] Implement file attributes with xattr on mac and linux (fixes bug 15679)

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 16:56:33 CDT 2009

On Tuesday 08 September 2009 16:11:06 Dan Kegel wrote:

> This patch uses filesystem extended attributes in
> a way compatible with Samba 3 to store the win32 attribute bits.
> It builds and runs on mac and linux, passes tests on linux and vista,
> and should be easy-ish to port to solaris (though who knows
> what xattr solaris' native cifs server uses, hopefully it's the
> same as what samba 3 does).

As JRA already replied with more Samba3-specific things, just a word about the
Samba4 handling. In the last months, we've been working on getting more and
more features of Samba3 and Samba4 use the same codebase or at least behave
the same way. There's a good chance that both implementations will converge
to one sort of behavior, so if we get that implemented we should be fine.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin