fixing ReadDirectoryChangesW()

Mike Kaplinskiy mike.kaplinskiy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 18:00:57 CDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Michael Pujos wrote:
>> I'm willing to resubmit this patch with updated tests
>> against current Wine, but before I procceed
>> I need to be sure it won't be rejected simply because it changes the protocol.
>
> Server changes are tricky to get in.
> You have to be patient and persistent.
> I think your best next move is to file a bug describing the problem
> (and give the URL for the app it affects for you, if possible),
> and submit just the tests first (with appropriate todo_wine
> lines where wine gets it wrong currently).
> All that is useful, and a good first step towards getting
> the bug fixed.
>
> Thanks!
> - Dan

I took a look at your patch - a few notes:
 - if you're changing the server protocol, change protocol.def and
then run tools/make_requests
 - you have spacing problems in your patch. make sure you match the
spacing format in the file
 - your patch does too many changes - split it up into multiple
patches with each one changing one thing so its easier to review.

Hope this helps,
Mike.