Help with a native Windows test program needed (CreateFileW).

Markus Stockhausen markus.stockhausen at collogia.de
Sat Sep 12 01:47:58 CDT 2009

Am Samstag, den 12.09.2009, 01:39 +0200 schrieb Thomas Trummer:
> Actually, forget about the password and give the file without
> extension a .exe extension...
>
> 2009/9/12 Thomas Trummer <th.trummer at gmail.com>
>         pw: wine
>
>         2009/9/11 Markus Stockhausen <markus.stockhausen at collogia.de>
>

>                 Hi,
>
>                 as I have no Windows machine and cannot test this. I'm
>                 in need for
>                 someone who can build a small exe that gives further
>                 hints to my
>                 observations in bug #9575.
>
>                 The following is needed:
>
>                 call CreateFileW( 'testfile.txt', ..., dwShareMode =
>                 0, ...)
>                 call CreateFileW( 'testfile.txt', ..., dwShareMode =
>                 0, ...)
>
>                 Return the result of second call. I expect it to be a
>                 valid handle on
>                 Windows whereas Wine will return an invalid handle.
>
>                 Thanks in advance.
>
>                 Markus

Thank you for your help, here is something really weird. I found someone
to test the program in Windows 2003 and there we have completly
different results:

h0 : 0x000007E0 - Result :0
h1 : 0x000007E0 - Result : Sharing Violation

The second call fails too, but it returns the last access handle to the
file. So that means I need someone who can test the program
http://www.ibexpert.com/download/setup_trial.exe in an Windows 2008
environment. It should fail as it does in Wine.

Has anyone a good idea how to reflect/check this behaviour in a wine
test?

Best regards.