winetest: Add the ability to retrieve the dll path for com dlls from the registry.

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 02:41:43 CDT 2009

On 09/17/2009 08:13 AM, Paul Vriens wrote:
> On 09/14/2009 03:10 PM, Huw Davies wrote:
>> ---
>> programs/winetest/main.c | 87
>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
>> 1 files changed, 73 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)

> Hi Huw,
>
> Winetest doesn't do a complete run anymore (tested only on W2K3 and
> Vista) for now. It ends with a 998 error during enumeration of the test
> (oleaut32 being the last visible one).
>
> I'm crossbuilding a winetest as we speak but just thought I'd mention it.

The attached patch fixes the issue.

We are using LOAD_LIBRARY_AS_DATAFILE as we don't really want to load
the dll but we need some info from it. The problem is that
GetModuleFileName can't cope with LOAD_LIBRARY_AS_DATAFILE loaded dlls.

So will using LoadLibrary introduce issues for this dll (and maybe
future com dlls)?

The get_dll_path logic was introduced for .NET as we ourselves don't
always know which dll/version is actually loaded. GetModuleFileName
proved to be the most logic approach.

As these com dlls are hardcoded in the registry I assume we don't even
need to call GetModuleFileName and just stick with that value from the
registry?

--
Cheers,

Paul.