Add dxdiag help message box

Brian Nguyen mtxcoll at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 03:18:23 CDT 2009

Hm, okay. I just wanted to test the waters here; I'll rework this to use a
function that loads
a string from a resource file. Does the help message itself look okay? I
just used the message
provided by the native dxdiag app, but I could rework it if there are issues
with copyright or
wine conventions.

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 6:34 AM, Henri Verbeet
<hverbeet at ...<http://www.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=post&post=25500104&i=0>>
wrote:
> 2009/9/17 Brian Nguyen <*mtxcoll*@...<http://www.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=post&post=25500104&i=1>>:

>> +/* Thread-safe function for converting to wide char strings at runtime
*/
>> +LPWSTR PrintWide(LPWSTR buf, size_t len, const char *s)
>> +{
>> +    size_t i;
>> +    for (i = 0; i < len && *s != '\0'; i++, s++) {
>> +        buf[i] = *s;
>> +    }
>> +    return buf;
>> +}
> That doesn't do what you want, you should use MultiByteToWideChar() to
> convert to WCHAR. However, I don't think you want to hardcode the
> strings in the first place, you should load them from the resources so
> they can be translated. Also, functions like that which are only used
> in the current file should be static.

Thanks for taking this on!

--
-Austin