New testcase for creating nested storage objects

Markus Stockhausen markus.stockhausen at collogia.de
Fri Sep 18 05:40:29 CDT 2009

Am Freitag, den 18.09.2009, 14:20 +0400 schrieb Nikolay Sivov:
> Markus Stockhausen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > attached you will find a new testcase that checks for differences
> > between Wine and Windows when handling reference counters for nested
> > storage objects.
> >
> > Best regards.
> >
> > Markus
> >
> Hi, Markus.
>
> Tests passes on XP, fails on current Wine.
>
> You should mark failing tests with todo_wine. Like that:
> >                 c1 = IStorage_AddRef(stg);
> >                 todo_wine ok(c1 == 2, "creating internal storage added
> > references to ancestor\n");
> >                 c1 = IStorage_AddRef(stg);
> >                 IStorage_Release(stg2);
> >                 c2 = IStorage_AddRef(stg) - 1;
> >                 todo_wine ok(c1 == c2, "releasing internal storage
> > removed references to ancestor\n");
> otherwise it will fail on Wine.
>
> Also give a more appropriate patch name and don't forget to add a prefix
> something like this:
> ole32/tests: Test for nested storages reference counting.
>
> P.S. git diff patch is preferable here.
>
> Thanks for your work.

Thanks for your assistance, I'm willing to learn but at the moment git
is something I have to get used to. I'll resend the patch for the
testcase with the fixes.

BTW: I'm still missing your (and/or my) patches and testcases for the
bitblt errors in Teamviewer. Is there any issue with it?

Best regards.