[bugzilla] donate to sponsoring bug

Ben Klein shacklein at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 20:19:42 CDT 2009

2009/9/19 sacchi antonio <antoniosacchi85 at gmail.com>:
> This idea was born because I'm not a developer but I want to help Wine,
> this is not a perfect idea, help me to make it better!
> Maybe this button will appear only on very few bugs/projects (2-3
> max?) and money could go directly to Wine and after bug/project will
> be released/fixed money could go to people.
> Now Alexandre decides if a patch will be included or not, so I think
> he will have the task of deciding also money issue.

I agree with the objections so far to pay-per-bug. It would be an
administration nightmare and probably wouldn't incite the developers
to work harder on those bugs/projects.

We've already go the "vote for bug" popularity contest, which can be
used to work out bug fix priorities.

There's plenty you can do with helping Wine that's not
developer-related. We're always looking for good app/version
maintainers on AppDB, documentation writers etc. Even just answering
questions on the forum, wine-users mailing list or #winehq IRC channel
is invaluable help (developers don't usually get time to do these
things).