Add dxdiag help message box

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 14:05:09 CDT 2009

2009/9/18 Brian Nguyen <mtxcoll at gmail.com>:
> Here's an updated patch that stores the string in an En.rc resource file and
> loads it using a wrapper for LoadString. How does this look?

I think that should work, but how about something like this:

static const WCHAR *DxDiag_LoadString(UINT id)
{
    static const WCHAR failed[] = { 'F', 'a', 'i', 'l', 'e', 'd', '!', '\0' };
    const WCHAR *ret;

    if (!LoadStringW(GetModuleHandleW(NULL), id, (WCHAR *)&ret, 0))
    {
        WINE_FIXME("Failed to load string %u, last error %u.\n",
                id, GetLastError());
        return failed;
    }

    return ret;