Wine in Tango

Ralf Jung ralfjung-e at gmx.de
Mon Sep 21 08:34:59 CDT 2009

Hi,

> It's true, not everyone is using Tango, but it's the closest thing we
> have to a standard.  It certainly wouldn't hurt to make Wine compatible
> with multiple icon sets and then let packagers choose which one to use,
> so I could provide a Gnome-wine and a KDE-wine and so on.
>
> Starting with Tango seems like the best first bet though.
I hope this does not sound offending, but why is Tango more of a standard than, e.g., Oxygen? I'm really just curious, please don't think I want to start a flame-war here. And, of course, I'd like to see wine integrated regardless of the desktop environment in use :D

Several icon packets sound great. I wonder if it is possible for wine to automatically use the icon set of the environment? Of course some icons don't exist in the Linux world, but for example message boxes or icons for files and folders are available this way. Then one would not need to make a KDE- and a Gnome-wine.

Kind regards,
Ralf Jung