Wine in Tango

King InuYasha ngompa13 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 11:31:35 CDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 9:02 AM, Roderick Colenbrander <
thunderbird2k at gmail.com> wrote:

> As of XP themes can specify their own icons. For some dlls I believe
> shell32 they need to provide their own shellapi.dll or whatever it is
> called. I think that would be the way to proceed. I would suggest to
> make Tango the base theme as it integrates well with KDE/Gnome and
> also OSX. Using themes (some of the infrastructure for it is missing
> though) you would be able to override the Tango icons.
>
> Roderick

Normally under Windows, it is possible to totally replace the icons for
almost everything through the File types and associations dialog. You can
even change the icon of a file folder. I don't think most people are aware
that Windows can have all of its icons dynamically remapped by design.