Wine-Tango Updates

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Mon Sep 21 21:13:31 CDT 2009

Joel Holdsworth wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thanks to those of you who made comments about my Tango icon set. I've
> thought carefully about all the comments I've received, and I'm most of
> the way through the issues raised. I've revised idb_std_large.bmp,
> idb_std_small.bmp, floppy.ico, mycomputer.ico, netdrive.ico,
> netdrive2.ico, shortcut.ico, dxdiag, notepad, and wordpad.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but the print preview icon in
idb_std_large.bmp  seems to be a bit difficult to figure out.  I think
the problem is that the magnifying glass obscures the printer behind it
so much that it's hard to tell it's a printer.  At the same time, the
base of the magnifying glass is hard to tell apart from the printer body.

Perhaps a small high contrast 1-pixel border around the base of the
magnifying glass could separate the two.

> I still have one or two icons that I haven't yet touched: mydocs.ico,
> certwatermark.bmp, oic_hand.ico, iexplore, but I thought I'd share what
> I have while it's fresh in people's minds.
>
> Take a look http://www.airwebreathe.org.uk/wine-icon/
>
> Let me know if you have more comments.

I really like how notepad and wordpad are now visually distinct.  You
did a good job.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie