user32/tests: Add tests for STM_SETIMAGE and STM_SETICON messageprocessing

Ilya Shpigor shpigor at etersoft.ru
Tue Sep 22 02:12:56 CDT 2009

On Tuesday 22 September 2009 06:53:31 you wrote:
> > +    SendMessageW(hStatic, STM_SETIMAGE, (WPARAM)IMAGE_ENHMETAFILE,
> > (LPARAM)hemf); +    res = SendMessageW(hStatic, STM_SETIMAGE,
> > (WPARAM)IMAGE_ENHMETAFILE, (LPARAM)hemf); +    ok(!res, "expected NULL
> > got 0x%lx\n", res);
>
> Is there a reason you are calling SendMessageW twice (here and in the
> following tests)?

Yes. This calls are needed for checking the previous images/icons.

First call sets the image. Second call is used to get handle to this image in
the return value. This is no sending STM_GETIMAGE because the purpose is
testing the processing of the STM_SETIMAGE message when the static control
type is incompatible with the image type.

The SendMessage with STM_SETIMAGE return NULL when there is error occured or
there is no images associated with the control yet. SendMessage is called
twice to differ this two cases.

You are right. There is a lot of SendMessage calls. I will try to fix it.

--
Best regards,
Ilya Shpigor.