Wine in Tango

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Sep 22 08:25:40 CDT 2009

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009, King InuYasha wrote:
[...]
> Normally under Windows, it is possible to totally replace the icons for
> almost everything through the File types and associations dialog. You can
> even change the icon of a file folder. I don't think most people are aware
> that Windows can have all of its icons dynamically remapped by design.

If Wine can do the remapping through the registry then that's workable.
If the registry just references icons in resource dlls, then that means
Wine would need to generate resource dlls at run time and that's not so
good.

               RFC 2549: ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2549.txt
                IP over Avian Carriers with Quality of Service