cppcheck sept 18 redux

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 10:03:02 CDT 2009

On Tuesday 22 September 2009 7:53:08 am Ben Klein wrote:
> Worth trying my sample code on non-GCC compilers then:

With all optimizations off (if I had non-GCC compilers, I'd try them).

But still, I'm not really saying this is a problem (especially since the
FIELD_OFFSET macro does this, and is used in many places throughout Wine) as
long as the major compilers will handle it as expected. I'm just not so sure
we should call the report a false positive, if the C standard doesn't specify
that behavior.