[bugzilla] donate to sponsoring bug

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 10:13:42 CDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 8:16 AM, Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:
> That said I really don't care much because the Wine project would not
> know what to do with the money anyway. It's not that sponsoring
> developers to go to the Wine conference is not good but it does not
> scale.
>
> So if we raised 10000$ in a year, how would we use them to move Wine
> forward?
>
> Hire contractors to work on specific issues? What contractors? Get a
> part-time Wine developper to work full-time on Wine for a while? What
> would he do after the money runs out?
>
> Hardware purchases? What kind and for what? Maybe for the patchwatcher?
> Maybe hire someone to administrate the patchwatcher machines part-time?
>
> Marketing? Where? How? Would it really be beneficial? Wouldn't 10000$ be
> too little?
>
> Well, maybe someone will have a bright idea?

Getting the money is usually the hard part. Once there is money,
usually ideas start flowing much easier ;-).

That said, the favorite idea I've heard was sponsoring our own summer
(winter/whenever) of code's. Patchwatcher also seems like a good idea,
if someone is available/interested. Extending Appinstall more may also
be good <g>...

--
-Austin