[bugzilla] donate to sponsoring bug

Ben Klein shacklein at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 19:23:02 CDT 2009

2009/9/24 Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr>:
> On Tue, 22 Sep 2009, Ben Klein wrote:
> [...]
>> The real issue is that anything that *looks* (to a normal user) like
>> "give money and get your bug fixed" is not going to be good for the
>> Wine project. That includes pledges.
>
> That's just your opinion (both that pledges == donations and that they
> won't be good for Wine).

"I pledged $200 to get the DIB Engine fixed two weeks ago an it still
hasn't been done. What's going on?"

"It's now been two MONTHS since I pledged $200 on the DIB Engine and
it's still not fixed. Wine is so disorganised. There's real money here
and you don't want it. I'm glad I never paid it."

"Six months, no progress on DIB Engine. Never using Wine again. Get
your act together!"

^^ This will happen more than bugs with donations/pledges getting
fixed faster than other bugs.

And if WPF gets the money anyway and no one else, what point is there
attaching the donations to a particular bug?