[bugzilla] donate to sponsoring bug

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Sep 25 00:38:33 CDT 2009

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009, Ben Klein wrote:
[...]
> "I pledged $200 to get the DIB Engine fixed two weeks ago an it still
> hasn't been done. What's going on?"

That's just an argument for closing Bugzilla. Otherwise you're going to
offend all those who took the time to enter a bug (time=money) whose bug
was not fixed within 48 hours, and who would then leave the project
which would be bad for Wine.

> And if WPF gets the money anyway and no one else, what point is there
> attaching the donations to a particular bug?

Saying you'll only give the money to the project if the bug is fixed.
What else!

You seem to think the only point of pledging money on bugs is to
motivate someone to fix them for economic gain. But as I said most of
the time it does not make sense from an economic point of view. I see
them more as a way to communicate to the project about the relative
importance of bugs.

          The last time religion ruled, it was called the dark ages.