Status of .NET Framework

Martin Packer martin_packer at uk.ibm.com
Fri Sep 25 04:42:22 CDT 2009

Occasioned by trying to install the Evernote 3.5 Beta Windows client -
which coincidentally requires .NET Framework 3.5...

I've noted that .NET 3.5 doesn't work. I'm wondering what level DOES work
(or is about to work). I think I saw the possibility that Evernote will be
supporting an earlier release before they exit their beta. So I'd like to
"negotiate" with them so that they go back far enough to meet what WINE
can support.

Evernote, though splendid people with a fine offering, have no plan to
write a Linux client. Today Evernote 3.1 runs just fine on WINE.

Thanks, Martin

Martin Packer
Performance Consultant
IBM United Kingdom Ltd