Running 13 months locales

Mikołaj Zalewski mikolaj at zalewski.pl
Sun Sep 27 16:30:17 CDT 2009

> If it does support Gregorian only there's nothing to worry about.
> Actually I don't know how to test this, if we're talking about some
> Asian locales like Chinese or Japanese are you experienced with that?
>
> A best way will be to test under Linux with native comctl32 but I'm
> not sure builtin kernel32 (and maybe something else) is capable to
> support such locale features.

  The last time I checked (something like one year ago), our kernel32
calendar function were hardcoded for Gregorian Calendar. Thus, to check
this, you would need native Windows, change the locale to several Asian
or Arabic ones (in Regional Settings, this shouldn't change the UI
language) and create a monthcal control. If it still displays a
Gregorian calendar, then, I think, no implementation is necessary. You
could also check if there is no monthcal message to choose the calendar
(locales can support multiple calendars. But AFAIR all support also the
Gregorian one), but I think I've been checking this once and there
wasn't (however, I might have been checking the datetime control instead).

Mikołaj