Direct3D testing project (GSoC)

Conrad Buck conartist6 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 21:21:37 CDT 2010

Hello devels,
     I'm looking at submitting a SoC proposal to the wine project, but I'm
feeling a little overwhelmed as my current coding experience is all over the
place, and very little of it working with existing projects. My most recent
work has been looking  low-level code and algorithms behind basic OpenGL, so
I thought perhaps I might be able to make relevant contributions to the
project of testing and improving Direct3D support. Can anyone that knows
more about whats under the hood for that sort of functionality in wine tell
me what kind of magnitude of project I might be looking at? Only a limited
number of bug reports have been filed, but all seem to be indicative of
fairly major issues. Once I get more of an idea of what I might be dealing
with (and examine some of the problems myself) I can fine-tune my proposal.
Thanks,
    Conrad