[GSoC] IUri Implementations

Thomas Mullaly thomas.mullaly at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 20:43:45 CDT 2010

> In general, the idea looks right, that's how it probably should be
>  implemented. This is an implementation detail through. The bigger and
> more important problem is URI parsing and canonicalization. That's where
> most of work needs to be done. In this case tests will be also very
> important. You don't know how it should work until you have a test. The
> first step would be to write a test infrastructure some tests (adding
> new test shouldn't be harder than filling a table with more data). Once
> it's done, you'll be able to decide on best way to implement parser and
> IUri interface. The project should result in many tests and good support
> for at least more useful flags and IUri functions.

Hi Jacek,

Sorry for my delayed response. Thank you for your suggestions.

For the testing infrastructure, I was thinking about writing a few Windows
programs that use Microsoft's IUri implementation to generate the results
that my testing infrastructure would use to make sure my implementation is
working correctly. Is this the right approach or would you recommend doing
it another way?

Also, I have finished a rough draft of my proposal and I was wondering if it
would appropriate to post to it to the mailing list in order to receive
feedback from you and others.