winmm: MCI system commands are not eligible for auto-open. (try 2)

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Mon Apr 12 10:27:21 CDT 2010

<Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com> wrote:

> >> +    FIXME("(%04x) vkey %04X stub\n", dwFlags, lpParms->nVirtKey);
> >That change is unwanted.
> I can remove it, but why? Is supporting break keys a WONTFIX in Wine?

If that's really a problem then the first thing to do is start with some bug
reports or test cases. Adding spurious FIXME's is not an improvement.

> >Do you have a test case which shows that notofication is not sent is the failure case?
> It's already in mci.c:
>     test_notification(hwnd, "sound notify", err ? 0 : MCI_NOTIFY_SUCCESSFUL);
> It's how all commands I've tested to some depth so far behave.

I don't see any correspnding changes in that patch that remove todo_wine statements
in the tests. That suggests that either such tests don't exist, or that change actually
fixes nothing.

--
Dmitry.