usbhub.sys: add stubbed usbhub.sys

Damjan Jovanovic damjan.jov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 13:50:25 CDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 8:35 PM, frechdachs69
<frechdachs69 at sofortsurf.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 24. März 2010 19:49:46 schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:
>> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 8:30 PM, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org>
> wrote:
>> >
>> > What is this going to be useful for?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Alexandre Julliard
>> > julliard at winehq.org
>>
>> The same as Etersoft's USB patches: for doing USB I/O to USB devices.
>>
>> Damjan
>>

> Without having looked into the code: is it possible to simulate virtual USB
> devices plugged or removed at the USB bus?
>
> --
> Heiko Nardmann

I am not sure where you're going with this. User-space software only
interacts with a device using a driver, and only interacts with that
driver, at the lowest level, using I/O operations like ReadFile,
WriteFile, DeviceIoControl, etc. You could write a driver to simulate
a device but you don't need any USB functions for that.

Damjan